So this won’t happen every week, but I figured one week in would be a good place to start.
The change has begun!
Here’s what I did well this week:
1) Exercised Five Times. My goal is to exercise 4-6 times a week and I achieved that goal this week. How did I do it while working full-time, managing two kids AND having a business on the side? I planned ahead. For example, on Wednesday, I knew I’d be picking up my daughter after work, which would mean no time to get out and run, so I ran during lunch time. That would be the one benefit to winter time temps. I’m mostly doing cardio right now, but weight training is up next!
2) I Stuck to Healthy Eating. I managed to say “no” to at least three tough encounters: 1) Chick Fil A Wednesday night. Normally, this is an easy grab-and-go. I skipped it and made Chipotle chicken in my Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker in the microwave in 15 minutes and then created a fresh corn salsa over corn tortillas. WAY better (and tastier) than Chick Fil A. 2) Wanted a chocolate bar Thursday night during Grey’s Anatomy and turned to Vanilla Honey Greek yogurt instead. Added a few mini chocolate chips for my chocolate fix. 3) Rather than going out to lunch a few times during the week like I normally do, I brought Morning Star veggie burgers, a handful of arugula and roasted red pepper hummus. Super tasty and filling!
3) Got My Sleep. Yep, I stuck with 8-10 hours of sleep a night…miraculously. You definitely have to be intentional and keep an eye on the clock, especially after a long day with the kids when you’d like a little time to yourself playing with Facebook or whatever else.
Here’s what I didn’t do as well this week:
1) Stepped on the Scale Multiple Times. While the number is an indicator, it’s not my main focus. And, to be honest, weighing myself day in and day out actually is more distracting to me and discouraging at times. By not seeing the number budge or not change as fast as I’d like in the past, I’ve noticed it’s easier to fall away from my good habits. I want to commit to just a ONCE weekly weigh in.
2) Not Drinking Enough Water. I need to be drinking my weight in ounces, and that’s A LOT of water; far more than what I did this week. I’m committing to filling up my huge cup of water at work and drinking at least two a day. Water is crucial for weight loss for satiety and also to give your body the ability to release the stuff you don’t want.
3) Stressed Out. I didn’t turn to the things I normally do when I stress out (i.e. chocolate and wine…), which is good, but now it’s about breaking down the stress and removing or reducing the amount in my life. Stress is a HUGE inhibitor for weight loss and can promote all kinds of horrible chronic disease and premature aging. No thank you! I commit to taking a walk, doing some deep breathing or refocusing when I encounter the levels of stress like I did this past week.
That’s my week in a nutshell! I’m incorporating more vegetables, lean proteins and following one quick adage that I hope you’ll love, too:
“Eat breakfast like a king; lunch like a prince; dinner like a pauper.”
Stack your calories and what you consume during the day accordingly!