Thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who has donated to Childhelp supporting my “Marathon for Good.” I am so excited to run the Boston Marathon for this incredibly worthy cause and feel super blessed by the outpouring of support.
So far, $665 have been raised for Childhelp and we’re solidly on our way to achieving $5,000!
A quick recap on what your dollars do:
- Every $5 funds one phone call placed to Childhelp’s anonymous, 24-hour, toll-free hotline (1-800-4-A-Child). That means we’ve already helped 133 people; either children who are in abusive or neglectful situations or people who are concerned about children in those situations!
- 90 cents from every dollar goes DIRECTLY to funding the numerous programs Childhelp oversees.
- Every cent of your donation (even if you’re a business!) is tax deductible since Childhelp is a 501 (c)(3).
Here’s what we’ve done so far:
- Individual donations— THANK YOU for going to the “Donate” page and entering a figure. Every dollar counts!
- Bake Sale at Work— $135 was raised by simply putting out a sign, some baked goods and requesting whatever peopel felt led to donate.
But we’re not done.
I’m putting together a raffle that will include a variety of goods and services. So far, we have a chiropractor, a massage therapist and a local tattoo artist who have all committed to donating a gift certificate. I’ll be going around to other businesses requesting donations, but if you work for a company, own your own business or have other ideas for donations, please feel free to share!
Here’s the flyer that I’m sharing with businesses that also includes Childhelp’s tax ID.
Thanks in advance for all of your support, encouragement and help. We are making a HUGE difference!!! 🙂